Thursday, August 17, 2006

Yes, We Are Still Alive...

Ok - Seems to be an issue with Blogger tonite, and I am not able to upload any photos. I've been trying for 30 minutes! I give up. Will try again tomorrow. Stay tuned!
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wow - time definately flies by when you are taking care of a baby, working 2 part-time jobs, and trying to manage your life while your husband travels 4 days/week!!

Yes, we are still alive over here, and doing great! Just busy. Priorities have shifted, and blog updates fell to the bottom of the list (just below 'paying bills' and just above 'handling tenant complaints' HAHA!...oh wait, do I have any tenants reading this? ...scratch that last comment...). But happy news - we have hired a part-time nanny, and this was her first week! YAYAYAYAYAY! After only 1 1/2 days of her working, things seem to have already fallen back into place. My house is super-clean (Maya naps for 2 hours in the mornings and she cleans during this time!), my pile of paperwork is down from 2' to 2", I'm no longer bleary-eyed by 7 pm, and best of all - Maya loves her!
Sooo - updates from the past 6 (!! can it really be 6 ?? No wonder I am getting so many complaints!!) weeks of blog-free living:
* Maya is AMAZING! We love her more every day, if that is in any way possible. She has attached very well to us, and us to her, and it is difficult to remember life before she was home with us!
* She is very healthy. Still too small and we are trying to bulk her up, but no major health issues. We had a slight scare when several of her first tests came back abnormal - but the 2nd round proved that there are no issues. Must have been travel trauma, etc.
* Have I mentioned that she crawls? Ok that is an understatement. She is FAST! Turn around for 2 seconds and she disappears. Thus the bleary-eyes and total exhaustion every day! We still need to work on baby-proofing. Every time I think we are caught up, she finds something new! And to think that she could be walking soon... ACK!
* She is not yet pulling herself up - though she did do it once. She will stand and take small steps if you pull her up and hold her hands. Still quite shaky though.
* We started Gymboree last week. I can see how behind she is in motor skills and some language skills. Hopefully she will become more adventurous and we can take advantage of what Gymboree has to offer. She seems to enjoy sitting on the mat with her thumb in her mouth while the other moms tell her how cute she is. :) She does love the parachute games... and she did try to claw out another baby's eye the other day. She's coming along!

So that is my update for today. I know that I have more to say, and probably could be much more interesting.. but it is 10:45 pm and I'm dead. The day began at 5 am, and I think I'm ready for it to end.
I did finally finish the baby announcements, and will be mailing one to all of you that are on my mailing list. I'll post the electronic version on the blog at a later date.
Watch for photos tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going well...loking forward to more updates.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Yeah So said...

Was wondering what happened. Glad you're back. She's gorgeous.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home