Thursday, June 15, 2006

Waiting To Be Parents


We had a peaceful night's sleep and just finished our last leisurely breakfast, pre-kiddies. ;) Actually Aj was too excited to sleep much, so he is tired already. The man MUST learn to drink coffee! The coffee here isn't bad. The masala tea is amazing {of course!! - Mike be very very jealous!!}, but it just dawned on me yesterday that it is amazing for a reason and I most likely won't fit into any clothing when I get home if I continue to drink so much of it. So I am trying to hold back a bit now! :)))
We have called the orphanage and the director will not be in until 11 am. It is now almost 10:30, and we've been anxiously awaiting her since we awoke at 5 am (Aj woke at 3)! We are hoping to have a few minutes prior to going to the orphanage to stop by and see the Marble Palace. It is supposedly quite unusual and a must-see. There are said to be many peacocks in the gardens of the Palace area - I have only seen a few so far - and none closeup, so I am looking forward to that!
I know we will not want to take Maya/Ruprekha (must get used to calling her Ruprekha, as must do that until we leave India) - so I want to do a quick run-through of it.
Btw - heat update: OWCH! Delhi was bad, but was much more of a dry heat. This humidity is instantly body-drenching and quite hideous. I think 10 minutes at the marble palace will almost kill us, so will be a quick tour if we get there! Of course, if Anju wants us to head to the orphanage immediately, we are ready!!
Diaper-bag is packed and we are ready to go!
Btw, thank god I thought to pack a LOT of motion-sickness medication. I have needed it every day with this insane driving!!
Attached is a photo of us in our hotel room, pre-baby. :) The next post should have the same photo, but of our new Forever Family!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home