Saturday, June 10, 2006

Here We Are!



Well, we made it to New Delhi! :) That 17-hr layover in Singapore was killer. There were no rooms available at the transit hotel, so we basically got no sleep. I think we drifted in and out for a couple of hours in a chair in the airline lounge (thank god Aj had status to at least get us in that lounge). We took a 2-hr tour of Singapore, but it wasn't too exciting. It was pouring rain, so everything was grey and blah.
So after not much sleep and arriving at 10:30 pm Delhi-time, we slept most of today. It was over 100 degrees at 10:30 pm btw. ack!
So we are now getting ready to leave the hotel.. though it is almost evening and I guess we missed most of the day! Maybe we missed the worst heat though. We have all day tomorrow to site-see.
Someone is (rather badly) blowing some type of horn outside our window. And I can just barely hear the horns from the streets. We've had several power outages already, so now I understand the need for the flashlight! Of course the first one was midway thru my shower. {eye roll} Oh wait - that's not just a horn - sounds like someone is also singing thru a megaphone.
Guess we need to go scope this out!
Btw - for all of those who know how much i HATE (am terrified) to fly - I did great! Actually I wasn't even really nervous. Too excited I guess! But it went very well and I even slept quite a bit on every flight. {And I am VERY irritated that I slept thru last night's dessert and Ajay ate my Haagan Daz ice cream!!!!}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home