Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Top 10 Ways To Pass The Time While Waiting To Travel

1. Baby Showers!
My sister, Christy, is throwing us a 'virtual' shower. We don't have time to travel back any closer to our families between now and when we hope to travel, so this was a great solution! Plus, now all of our friends and family can join in from all over the country! {and even better - no uncomfortably-silly shower games!}
She is hosting a web baby shower through www.webbabyshower.com (in case anyone else is interested in this fabulous idea!).

2. Education
Yes, it is required through the two adoption agencies we are using, but it's a great idea. A couple weeks ago we took an Infant/Child CPR/Safety class. It was another great class held at a local hospital. Did you know that CPR procedures have recently changed? No more 5:1.. now it is 30:2. And if you don't recall what that means.. time for a refresher! {though after practicing for hours, I still found myself lifting the neck, which you no longer should do! Argh! Old habits are hard to break (though I guess necks are not!)!}
We've also been watching DVD classes, reading books, and taking online courses (including baby sign language - can't wait to try it!). Phew!!
Here's hoping that we retain something and it helps us become amazing parents!

3. Learn fun songs and games to play with baby
I have heard that Hap Palmer songs are great - so I purchased a CD of his songs. Guess it's time to start recalling where that itsy bitsy spider climbs and how the wheels on the bus go. :)

4. Take a pre-baby vacation!
Everyone keeps telling us to do this - so we are! We are traveling to Mexico in a couple of weeks. I guess this may be the last time that we will be staying at the adults-only spa resort! Next time we'll be staying at the one with the baby pool. :)

5. Pamper yourself!
OK, #4 might have sounded pampering... but I've decided that visits to local spas are also a good idea. We might not have time for massages and pedicures after Maya is home, so we must take advantage now!!
{it's times like this that i am glad Aj does not often read this blog..hee}

6. Find a way to delegate all of your work after baby comes home
I'm currently looking for an assistant. If anyone who knows me personally actually knows someone who would be interested, please let me know. {I'm serious!}

7. Get carried away with decorating the nursery
I promised myself that I would not do this. I blame Penny. ;) Photos coming soon.

8. Constantly check your email for updates on the baby
Luckily this is only necessary during working hours. :)))

9. Sleep!
We were told recently that we should deprive ourselves of sleep in order to be prepared. We decided to go with the opposite idea and sleep as much as possible while we can!

10. Stay up all hours of the night updating your blog!!
This conflicts with #9, so you must be careful. If you don't spend too much time on #8, you could accomplish both #8 and #10 during #8's timeframe. ;) Or.. prioritize #6 and hire the assistant a bit earlier.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home