Tuesday, April 04, 2006

No News Is ...


.. horridly frustrating!!

No, no Maya updates.
No NOC.
No updated medical info.
No new photos.

This process is certainly creeping along slowly.
Slooooooooooooooooooowly.

But in the meantime... we finally ordered nursery furniture. And although my generous sister and bro-in-law had given us my nephew's old crib, we decided to order the matching crib to the dresser and armoire that we wanted (someone fell in love with the set.. but I won't name names... {but it wasn't me this time!!}). The main reason is because the crib is convertible and becomes a toddler bed and then a twin bed. {hmmm... does this help you figure out who it was that made the decision on that purchase? ;)}
It's all nice furniture and hopefully it lasts for a long time.
Hopefully someday in the future, Maya doesn't get the grande creative idea that drawing pictures and writing her name in permanent marker on the headboard would be fun! {yes, there is a headboard someplace with my artist impressions on it! (sorry mom)}

Btw - the furniture is painted in an antique-white color. I had no idea how difficult/impossible it would be to find this!! We went to a huge nursery/child furniture store and they had 3 sets out of hundreds that came in this color. Bizarre! Luckily we liked one of them.
If anyone reading this is in the furniture-making biz, I have found a niche for you!!!
But the furniture is beautiful! It is also backordered for ~6 months, so Maya should be home before we get the furniture. That is annoying... but whatever. We have purchased a co-sleeper for her to use for the first several months anyhow, to aid in the attachment/bonding process (www.armsreach.com).

Did I mention before that we also were able to hire Penny to paint the nursery mural? (I have an earlier post with her website on it - I love her work). She had a cancellation and was able to work us in. She will be painting the last week of April. Stay tuned for photos!

Last Friday we had our immunizations. Only 2 shots for me and 1 for Ajay! Yay!! We are loaded up with prescrips and ready to travel now!

Well I don't have much more information to share today. I know that several of our friends/family are checking this blog for updates, so I wanted to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten to keep it up.

One of the other Dillon families rec'd their legals today... so at least that makes us feel hopeful that things are moving...no matter how slowly.

Stay tuned. Hopefully we will have a more interesting update soon!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home