Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Another Day















The nursery mural is complete! It is so amazing. Photos just do not do it justice - but here are a couple of samples. The amazing thing is that the entire room is painted - including the attached bathroom. It all flows together like one large scene. The trees are painted up the wall and onto the ceiling - it makes you feel as if you are in the scene. So sweet!!
So yes, we are still waiting on word of Maya's passport. I thought it was difficult to wait earlier in this process? I think this is worse! It's a great feeling to know that we will travel soon, but it is painful to wake up early every day and pray that this is the day that we will receive 'THE' call or email telling us to book our tickets!
We have begun to pack. I have a long list of items that still need to be purchased and packed. We have finished all of our education - other than a few book reports and homework sheets to fill out. We've compiled all of the legal docs we need to take with us to India, etc. I have interviewed and narrowed down potential assistants to two people. I hope to complete that process today and have an assistant begin working by next week!
We are so close to being ready!
At least one Dillon family returned home this week with their baby. So happy for them.. and so hoping that they were able to snap a few photos of Maya! It seems like every time I jot something like that in this blog, we hear some news soon after. Here's hoping that coincidence continues!
Well, now I guess it is time to begin cleaning and somewhat-organizing my office so that my assistant does not run screaming out of the house next week! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Yeah So said...

Wow that's gorgeous! Did you hire someone to come and do that? It's amazing!

Our orphanage has a huge stained glass window with a playground scene on it, I was thinking of painting that on the nursery wall...

2:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooo.. That sounds like a great idea!
And yes, I hired someone. I wish I was this talented! She is amazing!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home