Thursday, September 28, 2006

Our First Conversation

It went like this...
Mom: Maya, would you like some milk? (then I did the sign for milk)
Maya: NANANANANANA (then SHE did the sign for milk)
What a shock that she was telling me NO! Haha! This was the first time that she ever did that sign for me - yay! I guess the past 3 months of signing may be paying off. She also did the 'More' sign for me a couple days ago.
Not too much to update, though the girl just gets cuter by the day! Her nanny told me that when they leave the house and return now, Maya will always yell out 'Mama-Mama' when she gets inside. Ack! How cute! She is also very into covering her face with her hands and playing Peek-a-Boo. Unfortunately, she enjoys doing this while she is eating so that food cannot get past her hands and into her lips. Ahh.. the challenges of feeding a toddler! She also enjoys clapping these days, and LOVES to quickly clap and hit the spoon as it is on its way into her mouth. Argh!
My sister came to visit last weekend. We took a trip up into the mountains - to Breckenridge - for the night. Stayed at an AMAZING place (condos and townhomes) called Mountain Thunder Lodge. I would very highly recommend it to anyone visiting Breck. I found it from reviews on Tripadvisor.com - which is one of my all-time fav websites. Anyhow, I originally wanted to visit the area to see fall colors - the Aspens are changing. Last year we went to Telluride at this time and I got some amazing photos. This year it turned out that we saw fall colors with snow - as ~2' of snow fell the day prior! Very cool actually. It was gorgeous. Not a lot of aspen groves in the Breck area though... so next year we'll stick with Telluride.
Maya encountered snow for the first time, and wanted nothing to do with it. I have a photo actually - I will attach it to this post as soon as I can. I was hoping for cute snowbunny photos so I could create a Xmas card. Guess not!!
Tomorrow is our 2nd post-placement interview. Our court date is set for December 21st. How exciting! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home